Thursday, May 27, 2010

I just felt like blogging yay

SOOOO! Today was regular and uneventful, actually it was a bit eventful. Saw the ex on the bus, was not awkward or scary for me cause I'm not emotionally attached anymore. I guess he felt otherwise because he told me we can't be friends....big shocker. What is it with guys? Why is it so hard for them to let go? Like it doesn't have to be a huge drama all the time. People need to learn that no man is an island and everyone depends and needs each other, and if you shut everyone out you will have nothing left.

This brings me to my next question. How long does it take to get over someone? I guess it depends on how long you were together and what that time together consisted of. I think that it shouldn't take more than 2 days regardless of who it is or what the relationship was like. You should give yourself one day to mourn the relationship and remember good times and bad times, and for us girls to cry it all out (boys you could try that too). The other day is useful to make the action plan: now that I have all this free time, what will I do with myself. It could mean going to yoga, or a cake decorating class, getting a job, getting a pet, getting a new book, traveling...

I'm not saying that after those two days everything will be perfect, you may have a relapse, you may be consumed by lonliness and you may pick up the phone, dial and then hang up. But after those two days you will be ready for it all.

All things come to an end and if you have the courage to get out of a complacent relationship that could've led to a mediocre life where you will never be fully happy then...... I SALUTE YOU for having the balls to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment